As part of a Community Research Fellowship at the University of Victoria’s Centre for Co-operative and Community-Based Economy CCCBE, I interviewed some of Victoria’s leading community media producers, as well as others in Nanaimo, Vancouver, and Montréal. These interviews shed some light on the problems facing community media, as well as some of their successes.
The interviewees are (in alphabetical order):
- Dru Olay, The Dominion magazine and the Media Co-op, Montréal
- Irwin Oostindie, W2 Community Media Arts Centre, Vancouver
- Jack Etkin, The Bridge newspaper, Victoria
- Janine Bandcroft, Street Newz newspaper, Victoria
- Joey MacDonald, Olio Arts Co-operative, Victoria
- Paul Manly, documentary videographer, Nanaimo
- Peter Sandmark, MediaNet, Victoria
You can use the links below, at the bottom of each interview, and in the box at the top of the right column to navigate between them.